Wednesday, January 03, 2018

Gingerbread house made of card

Happy New Year! Before the Christmas decoration are packed away I thought I would show you a project that started at the beginning of December.   I am a member of a craft group who meet on the first Saturday of each month. For our December crop I thought it would be nice if I took my collection of Tim Holtz village dies in so we could all make the little gingerbread house together. We all managed to get our houses made and just needed to finish them off at home. Here is mine, i finished it between Christmas and New year.
I made the base a lot stronger and deeper then the one on the die ( to be honest I never bother with it, its far too unstable ) as I wanted to be able to light up the house and to make a little garden for my house. The piping was done using some Pound shop wall filler which I piped using a disposable piping bag.
   I was really pleased with my finished gingerbread house, perhaps one day I will make a real one!

1 comment:

Squirrel said...

Just adorably cute. I love the colours you've chosen too. X