Wednesday, November 01, 2017

Spooky haunted house

This was a project I have been itching to do ever since I had the Tim Holtz Village dwelling die last Christmas! I just managed to finish in time for Halloween.
I had such fun creating my Halloween house.
 
First I cut the house out of box card so it was nice and sturdy.
 
I then cut all the pieces out again in grey cardstock, cutting the tabs off and also cutting all the pieces apart.
I then painted them using my Geli plate in a solid colour to begin with then I used a stamp plate I had made using funky foam to give a brick effect, which I stamped onto the Gelli plate then printed onto my pieces.
 
I then used my painted pieces to cover the base of my house.
 
The windows and all the silver coloured pieces are cut from card covered in silver insulating tape.
 
I did the same for the roof but I first put the tape through an embossing folder and sponged black and green paint over the top. It was then left to dry and used to cover the roofs.
 
 I wanted my house to light up so the base cut by the die would not be any good so I made a simple box out of card and strengthened it with box card. i then covered it in moulding paste and when it was dry painted it in black and silver paint.
 
I cut the grave stones from a Quickkut die I have had for years and hot glued them to the base along with 3 of the Tim Holtz pumpkins.
 
I needed a tree, so I sent hubby out into the garden in search of something I could use and he came up with 2 twigs that wired together looked like a spooky tree!
 
For the lights I poked holes in the base behind the gravestones and the tree. I also made two holes where the house would stand. I used a small set of battery LED lights, poked them through the holes and taped them in place under the box base.
 
All that was then needed was some cobweb fibres to look like mist and to switch the lights on and enjoy!
 
I hope you had a spooky halloween!
 

No comments: