Sunday, November 26, 2017

Christmas birdhouse decoration

This is my first Christmas 2017 design project for the Fruit Pixie.   I have used the Tando mini chipboard birdhouse along with the Tando mini birds and branches to make this cute Christmas decoration.
This is such a fun little project to make, the birdhouse is so easy to put together and you can then add whatever you like to match your Christmas colours.
 
For my Christmas birdhouse I decided to use the wonderful decoupage papers from Craft Consortium. I chose the Merry Christmas papers as our Christmas tree is the traditional red gold and green.
 You will find it easier to cover the pieces before you put the birdhouse together. I painted all the pieces white on the outer side so the colours on the decoupage papers will be brighter.    I just use a PVA glue, you can water it down if it is very thick. Apply the glue to the surface of your birdhouse and then place it glue down onto the sheet of the decoupage paper. Roughly cut it out and leave to dry. Once dry trim off any excess paper and apply another layer of the PVA over the top of the paper to seal it and leave to dry again.  Once fully dry I painted all the edges with the Cosmic Shimmer paints and put my birdhouse together. Before you put the roof on, which I had painted white using the Cosmic Shimmer paint, I painted the inside of the birdhouse.   You need to think about how you want to use your decoration. If you want it to hang its best to put the hanging string in now. I used a glittery red Christmas trim. I made a loop and tied a big knot at the bottom. I then put the bottom end into the birdhouse with the loop of the trim hanging out and glued the second roof piece in place. Once dry the loop can be pulled up and hopefully your knot was big enough to not be pulled out.
 Now you can add your decorations. I used the Tando mini birds and branches. I painted the birds and branches with the Cosmic Shimmer paint and the stamped over the birds with a brown ink using the IndigoBlu dinky holly flush stamp.   I also cut some Mistletoe using the Couture Creations Mistletoe die and used some of the glitter card I had used for the icicles on the roof for the berries.
 I used some green pipe cleaners I had to make a little wreath to surround their door and added little bows from the same Christmas trim as I used to hang my decoration.   Everything except the glitter card, the red Christmas trim and green pipe cleaners can be found in the shop. You can find the -

              Tando mini birdhouse -

http://www.thefruitpixie.co.uk/tando-creative-chipboard-mini-3d-birdhouse-15345-p.asp

The Tando mini birds and branches-

http://www.thefruitpixie.co.uk/tando-creative-chipboard-mini-birds--branches-27191-p.asp

Craft Consortium decoupage papers Merry Christmas-

http://www.thefruitpixie.co.uk/craft-consortium-decoupage-papers-merry-christmas-25860-p.asp

IndigoBlu holly stamp -

http://www.thefruitpixie.co.uk/indigoblu-dinkie-rubber-stamp-holly-flourish-24097-p.asp

Couture Creations Mistletoe die-

http://www.thefruitpixie.co.uk/couture-creations-intricutz-die-mistletoe-25827-p.asp

Cosmic Shimmer paint -

http://www.thefruitpixie.co.uk/cosmic-shimmer-paints-644-c.asp

I really hope you like my Christmas birdhouse decoration and will give it a go. It would make the perfect project for children to do too

 

 

 

No comments: