Saturday, October 28, 2017

Trick or Treat art journal page

As I haven’t made an art journal page in my IndigoBlu Junk and Disorderly journal for a while I thought I would have some fun with a Halloween page for the Fruit Pixie online shop who I design for.
To start I chose one of the white pages in the album and used some of the Cosmic Shimmer paints to build up my background. I like to use a baby wipe to paint with as it blends the paint automatically and of course there is no brush to wash after!
 
I wanted a large bright moon so I cut a circle out of a piece of scrap card and used it as a stencil using the paints through the hole.
 
The haunted house is a Tim Holtz die cut out of black card.
 
For my witch I took the Creative Expressions butterfly girl stamp set and adapted her slightly.
First I stamped her body and cut her out, cutting off her wings and pony tail.
Then I stamped her again for her dress which I cut out and stamped the swirly pattern over the top using IndigoBlu Tiny backgrounds.
I cut out a witches hat and bat wings on my Silhouette Cameo.
All that was left to do for her was to dress her up!
 
Now that the background was dry I stamped some of the pattern stamps in the Creative Expressions Butterfly girl stamp set onto the background.
 
I also stamped the tree from Visible image.
 
I then built up the page making a hanging sign with the sign stamp from Butterfly Girl and the Halloween strip stamps from Stampendous for the house. I also added some washi tape and some bats.
 
The lettering was hand drawn using a black pen.
 
If you would like to make an art journal the Junk and Disorderly journal is great for beginners. You can find it in the Fruit Pixie shop here -
http://www.thefruitpixie.co.uk/indigoblu-junk-and-disorderly-art-journal-26811-p.asp
 
The paints here -
 
Butterfly girl stamp set for the witch -
 
IndigoBlu Stamps-
 
Stampendous stamps -
 
Washi tape -
 
Happy Halloween! 
 
 

No comments: