Saturday, July 08, 2017

Graphic 45 Vintage Hollywood little house

  Today I have a project to show you that I made for The Fruit Pixie online craft shop using the Graphic 45 Vintage Hollywood papers and stamps. 
My dear hubby bought me the Tim Holtz little house die for my birthday and I thought I would try it out using these wonderful papers and stamps from Graphic 45.
 
I cut the base out of some thick chipboard and then cut the Graphic 45 paper again using the same die so the pieces would fit perfectly. I used the 8x8 paper pad for this as the scale of the images was better for a smaller project. 
 
 I cut the die cut parts of the Graphic 45 paper apart as I find you get a better finish to your finished project if you don't go around corners with paper.
 
I painted all of the sides using the Cosmic Shimmer black paint.
 
I stamped some of the stamp images in black ink onto kraft card and cut them out. I then used them as collage pieces along with a paper stamp from the stamp border paper.
I used more of the borders to decorate the roof and the sides.
 
To finish it off I drew around the collage images with a chalk pencil.
 
I really enjoyed making this little house, I think I will be using this die a lot.
 
I hope you liked my project and it has given you some ideas of your own.
 
You can find this beautiful paper pad and stamps in the Fruit Pixie shop here -
http://www.thefruitpixie.co.uk/vintage-hollywood-703-c.asp
The paint I used here -
http://www.thefruitpixie.co.uk/cosmic-shimmer-paints-644-c.asp
 

No comments: