Saturday, July 22, 2017

Graphic 45 Vintage Hollywood clock

I have needed a new clock in my craft room for months now and I decided it was time to make a new one. I ordered a cheap clock mechanism from the internet and when it came I was ready to go. I have already decided I would use the Graphic 45 Vintage Hollywood papers available from The Fruit Pixie shop and knew I wanted a Art Deco style clock. Here is my finished clock
I cut the base shape on my Silhouette Cameo three times so it would make a sturdy base once they were all glued together. I then cut it again from one of the papers from the Graphic 45 Vintage Hollywood 8x8 paper pad and glued it on the front.
 
Using the collage sheets included in the pad, 2 strips from the film papers and some of the words from the word collage paper I collaged the front of my clock.
 
I cut the film frame, numbers, clapperboard and camera on my Silhouette Cameo from black card. I backed the clapperboard with some of the Vintage Hollywood paper so it filled in the gaps in the shape. I then stuck them on to the clock face.
 
The hardest part was getting the clock mechanism through a hole in the middle of the clock face which I cut using a craft knife. It took a bit of trial and error but I got there in the end.
 
After I had worked out how to put this clock together, it didn't come with any instructions, I realised I could mend my old clock. I was so pleased because it was my Wallace and Gromit clock which I love! 
 
So now I have 2 clocks!!
 
           You can find this beautiful paper pad, as well as lots of,other wonderful things are available in the Fruit Pixie shop here -                                                    http://www.thefruitpixie.co.uk/vintage-hollywood-703-c.asp
                                                                                                                                                    

No comments: