Sunday, October 30, 2016

Halloween Frame

 A very Happy Halloween! Today I have a mixed media frame to show that I have made for The Fruit Pixie using the new Halloween stamps from Stampendus and the MDF frames from Creative Expressions.



         I decided to colour her using paper piecing. For those who don't know paper piecing is, it's a way to colour your stamped image by using different papers. So for this image I stamped the image to a skin coloured card then I stamped her again onto a purple paper and cut out just the coat part of the image. I then stuck it to the skin coloured image. She then had a purple coat. You keep doing that onto different papers or coloured card until you have the effect you want. A small sharp pair of scissors really help with this.

    Once I had complicated the girl I cut her completely out from the background. I still wanted her on her background so I stamped it again but this time I cut away the Halloween word. This was because I wanted to make the whole image fit in my frame and it was a tiny bit too big. So I stuck the Halloween word back onto the background to make it fit into the frame.



    I then painted my MDF frame with black paint and using some of the Creative Expresions waxes to highlight some of the areas.

 I then took my PVA glue and drew some swirls with it over the frame. Then before it dried I tipped some Frantage black glass glitter over the top.

Once it was all dry I could stick my stamped image to the backing of the frame and the stick the frame over the top.

         There, all done and ready for Halloween.

                        You can find the stamps in The Fruit Pixies Etsey shop -  https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/470878048/haloween-sprite-cling-stamp-pixie-elf?ref=shop_home_active_51          

                                    You can find the MDF frames here
 - http://www.thefruitpixie.co.uk/creative-expressions-mdf-690-c.asp

                                    You can find the wax here -
          http://www.thefruitpixie.co.uk/creative-expressionscosmic-shimmer-gilding-wax-678-c.asp

                                       and the glitter I used here -
http://www.thefruitpixie.co.uk/frantage-crushed-glass-glitter-black-18299-p.asp


No comments: