Friday, April 29, 2016

Craftwork cards Time flies card

Here is another of my projects using the beautiful Craftwork cards Time flies kit I have made for the Fruit Pixie.

      This kit, as all of their kits, is so versatile and can be used in all sorts of ways, Today though I am going to show you one of my cards I have made with it.

      It is a simple card as everything you need is there in the kit. All I added was a DL card blank, a piece of ribbon to make my bow and some craft wire to form the butterfly antenna.


First I covered the card blank with some of the paper in the kit.


I added the Happy Birthday sentiment using some 3d tape. I then cut some craft wire, folded it in half and wound the 2 ends around a cocktail stick to make then curl. I then used some hot glue to attach the wire to the butterflies and the butterflies to the card. 


All I needed then was to tie a bow and add it to the card using my hot glue gun to finish.


So a really quick and simple card but it still looks lovely.

You can find the Time Flies kit in The Fruit Pixie shop
 here - http://www.thefruitpixie.co.uk/craftwork-cards-8-x-8-collection-pack-time-flies-25760-p.asp

DL card blanks here - http://www.thefruitpixie.co.uk/5-craft-uk-dl-card-blanks-ivory-11830-p.asp

Beautiful ribbon here - http://www.thefruitpixie.co.uk/ribbons--trims-ecfb8nproducts179curpage-2-179-c.asp


2 comments:

Lisca said...

A beautiful card Katrina. What a great kit that is. It makes cardmaking very easy. Did you have to cut out the butterflies or did they come as is in the kit?

Katrina said...

The butterflies are all die cut for you in different sizes and patterns as well as flowers and sheets of sentiments too. All lovely quality too Lisca.