Saturday, March 30, 2013

Happy Easter

Happy Easter to all my visitors! I hope the Easter Bunny comes calling with lots of chocolate eggs.

 Here is my Easter Tree, we use twigs from the garden and they usually have blossom on but not this year, it is still very, very cold here in the UK and there is no sign of any fruit tree blossom yet. So we made some instead! We were watching and Austrian TV program that gave us the idea and I am pleased with it.


 
 
This bunny was one of those drab brown chipboard shapes but I fell in love with him in the craft shop and bought him home with me. I covered him in book papers then a coat of old crackle glaze which I found to be too old and didn't crackle when I put white paint over the top. Not to worry I just used my favourite technique of stamping onto tissue paper and using PVA sticking it to your project, the tissue then magically disappears and you have a great finish. I used a crackle stamp and a stone colour ink which gave me the look I was aiming for. Then with a bow and a bell and he was done!
 


 

1 comment:

Sandi said...

love both your bunny and the tree is just the sweetest, hope you see spring soon, hugs