Saturday, January 27, 2007

Creative journey challenge 4


Back in August I joined a online mixed media art group called Creative Journey. It was the brainchild of a very creative friend of mine Laura and the group has grown and grown. The idea was we all chose a theme to explore through arty challenges which Laura releases each month. I chose "The golden age of travel "1920 - 1950 as I love all those travel posters and luggage labels of the era. This months challenge was to use polystyrene, the sort you get at the bottom of some pizzas, in a piece of art that fitted in with our theme here is my piece, the inspiration was an Imperial Airways luggage label, I made a stamp out of the pizza base then stamped it onto a painted background 4 times,then printed out the banner from the label.

No comments: